Saturday, October 1, 2016

Less is More - Turquoise & Lilac

It has been a busy few weeks and will continue to be a bit hectic over the next several months, but I will still find some time to hit the studio and tennis balls of course!

We have a new challenge starting over at Less is More!  Our theme for this week is Turquoise & Lilac.  I love these two colors together, so this will be a fun one.  I was thinking of a few options, but realizing it is getting close to Christmas and I better focus my efforts.  I came up with a bit of a modern Christmas card.  Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.




This is a simple card.  I started by stamping my triangles and easily making them into Christmas trees by adding the stars.

I stamped the splatters in the background and simply added the sentiment to the bottom.

I popped the trees on foam tape!

I thought it need a bit more, so I added a few tiny stars around the trees.




Here is a close up of the card.  You can see the tiny stars a bit better from this angle.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!







Supplies:

7 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Susan. The contemporary look of those trees with the splotches behind them makes this a card anyone would be happy to receive at Christmas. Love your use of the colour theme. Have a great week.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this <3 So bright and contemporary, and a beautiful layout. The splattered background behind the tree patterns looks fab! I know what you mean about Christmas... I'm starting to think I need to get a move on! Enjoy your week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This colour combo looks fabulous for a trendy Christmas design, Susan! I love the bokeh background as a contrast to the graphic trees :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your graphic trees - the colour combo is so pretty, all the samples are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think you've rocked this challenge Susan! A totally fun, vibrant and funky take on a Chistmas card. Love the bokeh style BG with the retro patterned trees on top. Awesome. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can not say anything other than: I love your card! Love the splattered background ! As I explain in my blog before even seeing it, I made a very similar card. I only discovered it the next day. I sincerely apologize. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card, Susan. I love the modern feel and the layout. The splatters and stars are a great background xx

    ReplyDelete